This document is a space to expand on any thoughts or ideas that may have been missed during the Breakout Sessions.
[ACTION >] Please make a copy of this Notion page, fill it out, and share your new page via email ([email protected], abb[email protected], [email protected]) or share a link in the Org Design Discord channel.
Sebastian Martinez <sebastinez>
Reference Resources & Questions
Link to presentation
- Questions & Discussion Points from Day 1, Breakout 1:
Notes & Ideas:
Please expand on any thoughts or ideas to the proposed questions (see under reference resources & questions header) that may have been missed during the Breakout Sessions.
- A strategy to develop an ecosystem like Radicle should certainly have some ground points that should be almost inmutable, to guarantee a long term vision, for that I can see the use of a manifesto, or static vision, but there are other parts of the ecosystem like workstreams or alt-clients which have to adapt according to user needs, in that case something annual or even semi-yearly would make perfect sense.
- The Strategy Pillar should write a document with the strategy similar to a RFC and share it over the most appropiate channel in line with the long-term decentralize vision. The strategy should be re-evaluated at least once a year, but if it gets outdated it also should be able to be revisited during the year. And the objectives should be sufficient wide that core teams can adapt them to their way of work and product or protocol, also the core teams should be able to define priorities themselves since there are closer to the product, service or protocol.
- IMO there should be at least some if not all core team leads, to have a broad spectrum of opinions and expertise in the ecosystem. On the other hand there could also be (similar to the governance delegates) eventually people that could be elected by stakeholders to work for a specified time on the strategy of the ecosystem, eventually be reelected and not work longer than specified time. (similar to most nations democratic parliament elections) that said there should also be ways of removing someone if there is a majority found against someone, and there are possible better ways to implement the election system 😅.
💡 Need help structuring the ideas? Here are some additional suggested prompts to include with the ideas:
- Benefits to Radicle: What benefits would these ideas bring to Radicle?
- Drawbacks to Radicle: If any, what are the drawbacks to these ideas?
- Audience: Who are the stakeholders for this idea? Who should pitch this idea?